Sunday, August 3, 2008

Personal Incentive Week

This week starts personal incentive week. Basically I have to reach certain number of services for the week and I'll get something. Basically, if I sell poorly I'll get a $35 gift certificate to the Cheese Cake Factory, if I sell average I can get a new hopper for my paintball gun or if I sel average and get above average credit card percentages I'll get an iPhone. If I out do my best week ever I can get a 3 day cruise for 2. Of course that means I also have to find someone else who wants to go with me. I'm thinking of doing it over Christmas vacation. That'd be a nice treat between semesters!

What I like about personal incentives is that it's me verses me, and if I don't make it I'm the only one I can blame. Typically when I've got "team" things, I rely too much on the others to pull the weight. I know that it's irresponsible or it makes me a slacker. I know I'm that way. It's in my nature and it's something that I'm trying to change, but still, for me the personal incentives are what I like better.

This week is going to be hell. I already looked at the weather and it's going to be in the hundreds the first few days. Miserable if you ask me. But that's why I'm here, it's to make money and to push through the hard days. It'll build character as Calvin's dad (from Calvin and Hobbes) would say. Here we go!

1 comment:

Nate said...

An Iphone!!?? Holy where was I? PS if you get a cruise, I volunteer. Kidding. But seriously.